Free installation for a limited time (worth £350-£600)
keep batteries healthy and extend battery life
Solar power keeps your batteries topped up
conserve diesel fuel
Reduce the need to run engines to charge your batteries
increase the reliability of your boat
Solar power can eradicate the problem of flat batteries
No need for reliance on inland power
extend the intervals between engine services
Improve the life span of your engine with solar power
Call Leigh on 07974 576823 for more information on these products
Choose from black frame panels or all black panels
- This is a 1 panel kit
- One of the most powerful solar charging kits for boats, vehicles or off-grid power systems, with a high efficiency LG 285W mono-crystalline solar panel manufactured to the highest European quality and performance standards
- The solar panel has been made with a special 4.0mm thick tempered solar glass which makes it a lot stronger and more durable compared to other solar panels with 3.2mm glass
- Robust waterproof design and strong aluminium frame of the solar panel are suitable for all weather conditions, including inland, marine applications and countries with hot or cold climate
- High efficiency 25A MPPT solar charge controller from mastervolt is included in the kit and is designed to extract the maximum power from the solar panel for charging either 12V or 24V battery
- The mastervolt regulator has a LCD display to show battery status and solar system performance, as well as adjust charging parameters … Scroll down to Product Description for more details
- This kit can charge Flooded/Lead Acid, GEL, AGM and Lithium-ion batteries.
This 285W 12V/24V solar charging kit includes:
- 285W solar panel made by LG electronics to the highest European standards
- 25A 12V/24V high efficiency MPPT Mastervolt solar charge controller with LCD display
- Set of 4 clenergy mounting brackets with neoprene seal
- Waterproof cable gland
- 20m 4.0mm solar TUV rated cable and MC4 connectors
- 5m of thick 6.0mm twin core battery cable
- Free installation for a limited time (worth £350-£600)
This is one of the most powerful solar charging kits for vehicles, boats or off-grid power systems. It can generate up to 25A charging current when charging 12V battery, so a typical 100Ah battery will be charged from 0% to 100% in only 5 hours of bright sunlight.
285W solar panel included with the kit comes with full 12 year product defect warranty (solar panel only) and 25 year performance warranty.
The solar charge controller included with the kit uses the most advanced Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology to extract the maximum output from the solar panel. It comes with a full set of protection functions such as reverse current, over-charge, over discharge, over voltage, over load, short circuit and reverse polarity protection. Remote LCD meter can display various charging parameters such as voltage, current and the state of charge of the battery. The meter also allows adjustment of many charging settings.
Solar panel specifications:
– Peak power: 285W
– Maximum power voltage: 31.70V
– Maximum power current: 9A
– Open circuit voltage: 38V
– Short circuit current: 9.5A
– Panel Dimensions: 164.7cm x 100 cm x 4 cm (please check roof size! between mushroom vents)
– Weight: 17 kg
– Operating temperature: -40C to +85C
– Special tempered solar glass 4.0mm thick
datasheet of the LG 285w solar panel
Leigh Naylor, managing director of Loryan Micro Renewables who has nearly a decade’s experience in the field of solar power in domestic, commercial and agriculture areans considers the advantages of portable solar panels for use on narrowboats.
For years the most common way for boat owners to power lifestyle items such as fridges, TVs and lighting has been through running a diesel engine or portable generator to charge batteries. Not only does this disturb the peace of a quiet mooring, it’s also not an environmental or cost effective way of obtaining energy.
Batteries are often abused as boat owners allow the batteries to drop below 85 per cent state of charge which impacts on the battery’s life. The most healthy batteries are ones that are kept 80 per cent or above. Most people have no way of measuring the level of battery charge but with solar your batteries are charged throughout the day, dependent on the solar radiation. When the sun comes up (often before most of us are in our beds) the solar energy can recharge a depleted battery in three hours – enough to start your engines.
Environmentally, solar panels make perfect sense; the sun provides us with clean renewable energy totally free of the toxic gases which are associated with other forms of power production, for example, an average 265 watt panel offsets a quarter of a ton of carbon per annum. More efficient use of the boat’s batteries also means they last longer and that also helps to keep our environment healthy.
Obviously you need to make a reasonable investment to fit solar panels but you will benefit in the long term by making considerable savings on fuel costs, engine wear and battery replacement. Solar generates 80 per cent of its annual production between September and March, so slightly oversizing your solar system will allow for self-reliance throughout the winter months.
Using a Loryan Micro Renewables 265 watt kit a live aboard boater can reduce their annual diesel costs by 40 per cent, however, adding a large enough solar system and reducing your consumption of electricity on your boat by installing LED lights and replacing old electrical items with modern power saving ones you will assured of being self-reliant on solar power.
Whilst we can all agree solar panels are the way forward for the environmentally aware, price savvy boater not all panels are the same, this is why we install quality eminent brands like Mastervolt and LG / JA Solar which we retail in our kits at market leading prices, furthermore we are so confident in the quality of our product we offer a 10 year guarantee with each panel. Boaters who are considering purchasing solar panels will naturally seek the reassurance of names they can trust, which is why BWML have joined forces with Loryan Micro Renewables. With such a well-known and respected team working together the outlook for solar systems has never been so sunny.