The RYA recommends that you wear a lifejacket or buoyancy aid unless you are sure you don’t need to.
You can base this decision on factors such as weather conditions, the type of activity you are doing and your level of experience. If you are a beginner or still relatively inexperienced, making these judgements is often not that easy, so if this is the case, wear one at all times.
The RYA strongly recommends that you should always wear personal buoyancy:
- If you are a non-swimmer and there is any possibility of entering the water
- When the skipper deems it necessary
- When abandoning ship
- When you feel you want to wear one or if you are not totally sure that you do not need to wear one
The Pilot 165 automatic lifejacket sports the following properties:-
- For Cruising and Intensive use
- Hardwearing and flexible outer shell with reflective piping
- Short cut on chest, cutaway sides and rounded neck for superior comfort
- 300cm2 Retro Reflecting Tapes
- 165N Buoyancy – rated 150N
- All models fitted with crutch straps
- Uses 33g bottle